Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Beep, Beep, Beep!

So there is this song we sing sometimes at our church that goes (I think) like this:

And now, let the poor say "I am rich"
Let the weak say "I am strong"
Because of what the Lord has done for us
Give thanks


Inevitably, this song gets stuck in my head for a week or so afterward, and I walk around the house singing in the back of my mind:

And now, let the poor say "I am weak"
Let the weak say "I am rich"


I catch myself doing it, then think "Wait, no; That's not right..." But an hour or so later I'm back to:

And now, let the rich say "I am weak"
Let the poor say "I am strong"

I realize again that, despite being more correct in the sense of the spirit of the song, I am still singing it wrong.

This morning I was getting out of the shower and heard Daniel getting ready for school in his room. He was singing:

The wipers on the bus go "beep, beep, beep..."

Must run in the family.

2 comments:

  1. I love this song too and it does have that "stuck in your head" quality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two of you are making a joyful noise to the Lord! I just bet he is smiling down and not overly concerned about the content...So, Sing Away!

    ReplyDelete