Friday, March 4, 2011

Why I'm Glad My Children Still Cannot Read

Today for lunch I fed them veggie burgers, and they didn't know the difference. They even selected the box from the frozen food section at the supermarket.

Daniel has been bugging me for weeks to take him to Burger King for lunch. I have been using, "We don't have the money for that today" as my excuse, but what he doesn't know is that Kyle and I are considering an all-out ban on fast food altogether.

I almost caved today.

I have a cold and am tired from getting up for Eva potty-breaks every night, we had a kind-of crazy morning, and our tax return was just deposited. Luckily there was a good sale at our local grocery store this morning, and I decided at the last minute to suggest buying frozen "burgers and fries" (actually Morningstar Farms veggie grillers and Alexia sweet potato fries) while we were shopping instead of going to the drive-thru on the way home.

Nobody was the wiser. They even thanked me sweetly for making them "a yummy lunch."

Mwaaah Haaa Haaa Haaa!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant move! Mocking the ingredient list on packages of junk food seems to be a good strategy around here.

    For a while, my kids would beg to eat at a fast food restaurant every time we drove by one. My stock answer was, "Nope, we're eating at Mom's Kitchen today!" (Their stock reply was, "Awww, we hate that place!")

    ReplyDelete